I guess it’s like the Friday 5 that lots of bloggers do, only I’m doing it a day late and added one on. I’m currently rocking Molly to sleep at 8:45am… She’s just off, not sure what’s wrong. But I usually can’t ever rock her at all! So the fact that she’s falling asleep in my arms definitely shows that something is up.
Here we go, 6 things I’m loving at the moment:
1. Audible. I pay $15/month and get to listen to books on an app in my car. I’ve listened to 4 books now and I love it. I think the only thing that would make this better is to be able to come in the house and be able to read where I left off… And WhisperSync for the kindle app allows it. Boo ya! Love it.
2. Amazon Prime. Love it. 20% off diapers and they arrive on my doorstep. And free shipping on most items. Is there anything better? Ok maybe there is… But this is a good one for a house that has 2 in diapers!
3. Rotisserie Chicken. It’s an easy, affordable, and healthy go to dinner in our house. All 4 of us can eat it (tho it’s debatable if the boy toddler will always choose to eat it…), and I love mixing it with a bag ceasar salad. YUM!!
4. BlogLovin. It’s the app I use to read all my blogs! And I’m embarrassed and will not admit how many there are on the list… 🙂
5. FitBit Flex. I got it for my birthday last weekend and I’m loving it! I love having an attainable goal of 5,000 steps to reach every day. I am still testing it out to see what my normal is and I think I’m going to start increasing a little every few days. I haven’t tried the silent alarm yet but I’m excited to try that out too!
6. GOMI. Omg I kind of love this site. It basically makes fun of bloggers. It’s hilarious. I really hate admitting to this one but it’s a guilty pleasure. People are HILARIOUS. And definitely a little mean… I would never contribute but I do find some humor in their posts. People get upset over the silliest things!!
Ok that’s it. Do you have a fav 5? Fab 5? Something like that that you wrote yesterday? Post a link in the comments so I can read it! 🙂
I’ve pretty much dropped off the blogging planet. No good reason except I’ve just been busy. I was sick with strep and bronchitis the week of Thanksgiving, my beautiful little girl turned one, and just the regular busies of working full time 45 minutes away from the house with two little ones.
So instead of continuing the hiatus, even though I have no real projects to update you on, I figured I would link up to a bunch of blog posts I’ve been enjoying lately.
A cute gift guide
An easy way to sew a zipper without a special foot
Making holiday pillows on the cheap
An amaaaaazing ottoman makeover. Seriously. AmaZing!
And here are two recipes that I fixed last night for dinner. I don’t fix meals like this often during the week (not enough time when you get home around 5 and kids are asleep by 6:45-7:00!), but we had a snow day yesterday (and today! Woot!) so I felt like I should do something nice. So here’s an updated chicken cordon bleu – I used salty country ham instead of prosciutto, no basil this time (tho I usually use basil from our garden), and I did huge chicken breasts pounded out. And here’s a yummy scalloped potatoes au gratin. I would cook it longer and without foil on the top at the end so it gets a little crunchy. Yummmmy! And I just steamed a bag of beans for our veggie.
So what’s been keeping you busy these days? The regular hustle bustle of the holidays? I’m about done with shopping (I literally buy everything online!)? Hope you all are well! Got any good blog reads or recipes you want to share?
I have a lot of projects that I’m in the middle of right now. Had to write up a list to keep it all straight the other day, and figure out my priority (which started with a project that began almost a year ago…). So I’m not here to show you nice, clean, edited, finished projects but just a few iphone photos of what I’ve been up to this week!
Last week I showed you Molly’s nursery and the unfinished letter O kinda stuck out like a sore thumb. So here it is finished (drying)!!
I like it a lot. And I totally forgot to mention where I got her name ideas from. Here is the link – from Project Nursery. I of course had to change it up a little bit for a little girl! 🙂
This is where I ended up with the skeleton keys from Nana.
I just got a shadow box, some burlap, and sewed the keys in place with some black thread! Not sure where I’ll put it, but for now, it’s sitting on the dresser I got from her house.
Another project this week has been my Christmas wreath… I’m almost done with it, but here’s where I am with it
I’m still adding a little more to it, but I’m closing in on the finish line!
I ordered knobs for the pie safe! I got some from Anthropologie because I was getting some Christmas presents. Here are the ones I picked!
I think… I may way to fully refinish it… We’ll see. I do feel like I have a lot on my plate right now.
Happy Crafting! 🙂
One reason I wanted to start this blog is to ask questions. Decorating, handy-man, whatever. Just a way to ask questions to
A hopefully wide (someday) audience.
Here’s the first one… See below:
This is a drywall patch, believe it or not… How do I fix it? Power sander (please say power sander… I want to buy one!!)? Sand paper? Sand paper and block? What do you suggest?
I have a lot that are currently in progress…
– Old vintage chair (see pics below, I’ll do a whole post on it soon!)
– Family room curtains (made 3, need 4, fabric was special ordered)
– Basement stairs photos (need to order photos)
– Mounting the TV in the master bedroom (need to make sure coax is long enough for where we want the tv to go)
– Molly’s name artwork in her room (I have all letters done except the O!)
And a lot on my to do list…
– Artwork for master bath
– Artwork for master bedroom
– Artwork in half bath
Oh gosh… I’ll stop there… The list is just too long for me to even think about. I need to sit down and devote some time to a serious house-decorating-project-to-do-list!
And I’m about to add a lot more projects!! Next week we are bringing home tons of furniture from my grandmother’s house! An entire bedroom set (dresser, chest of drawers, bedside tables, 4 dining room chairs, and a rocking chair!! I’m so excited to have so much of her house in ours. I already miss her so much, but having these things will mean so much to me. I’m super sentimental about the most ridiculous things, so I am hopeful all this furniture will stay with our family. I’ll take pics and update you all as I get it all situated.
Oh and since my mom also received some furniture, I get my mom’s old pie safe. I’ve been asking for it since I got married in 2007; hopeful that I could use it as a nursery dresser for my hypothetical babies. She always said no since they were still using it… But now I get it! And I’ve been looking at doorknobs to add to the piesafe. It has the doorknobs that Young House Love called “monster eyes”
I’m looking at these on etsy
This is all from my phone… If I’m going to do this blog thing, the only way it’s going to happen is if I can do it from my phone!! So… Testing, testing. 1, 2, 3.
Pics too?!?! Let’s see!
I’m starting this blogging journey because I enjoy making things with my hands, sharing ideas with friends, and getting advice/tips/opinions from others!
I’m an art teacher, with two little babies. Working full time and the kiddos do keep me busy, but I enjoy spending my free time by making things and decorating our house. As I have time, I’ll update this place, but don’t get upset if you don’t hear from me in awhile!
Thanks for coming!